104-AIO16A and 104-AIO16E
16-Bit, 16-Channel, PC/104 Multifunction Analog I/O Boards
- 16-bit resolution A/D
- Up to 500kHz sampling rate
- 16 single-ended or 8 differential analog inputs
- 10 input ranges, unipolar or bipolar
- A/D starts from software, timer and external trigger
- Single channel or scan A/D modes
- On-board calibration reduces A/D converter offset and gain errors
- Noise reduction with channel oversampling
- Over-voltage protection of -40V to +55V
- 1024 sample data FIFO for A/D
- Two 12-bit D/A outputs and 16 high-current digital I/O lines
- DAC error calibration
- 16-bit programmable counter/timer
- FIFO up to 4K sample
- Programmable amplifier with gains of 1, 10, 100, and 1000
- Onboard DC/DC converter enables operation from a single +5V power supply
- Extended temperature operation (-40°C to + 85°C)
- RoHS Available. Please contact us for ordering information
The 104-AIO16A is a high-performance 16-bit resolution PC/104 board which provides speeds up to 500kHz for 16 single-ended or 8 true differential analog input channels. This multifunction board features an excellent price/performance value for precision PC/104-based data acquisition, control, or signal analysis of standalone environmental test stations, compact production test equipment, portable testers, avionics and other applications.
The 104-AIO16A features 10 standard analog input ranges. The module also offers on-board hardware oversampling for additional noise reduction. In addition to direct data transfers, the board’s ability to trigger the A/D in real time assures synchronized sampling that is unaffected by other computer operations—an essential requirement for signal, vibration and transient analysis where high data rates must be sustained for short periods of time. The A/D is supported by a 1024-sample FIFO (optional 2, 4k samples) for reducing processor overhead. Sixteen parallel bits of digital I/O and two 12-bit DAC outputs allow for a complete, high-performance data acquisition solution.
Analog to digital conversion starts or “A/D starts” are issued one of three ways: Software Start, Timer Start, or External Trigger Start. A/D starts are software configured to be either rising or falling edge. Additionally, A/D starts are software configured to be Single Channel or Scan. Single Channel samples data once from the next consecutive channel within the enabled set. A Scan samples data from all channels within the set at the fastest possible rate.
- Equipment monitoring
- Environmental measurements
- Embedded OEM
- Industrial Automation
- Precision Measurement
- Analysis, Monitoring, and Control
Available accessories include a wide variety of cables and screw terminal boards for quick and easy connectivity.
The 104-AIO16A is supported for use in most operating systems and includes a free DOS, Linux and Windows XP -> 10, both 32 & 64 bit compatible software package. This contains sample programs and source code in "C" and Pascal for DOS, and Visual Basic, Delphi, and Visual C++ for Windows. Also included is a graphical setup program in Windows. Linux support includes installation files and basic samples for programming from any user level via an open source kernel driver.
Drivers and Downloads
Information about our Free Software packages:
ACCES is proud to provide a full suite of software support with every Data Acquisition product. We are committed to supporting the most popular operating systems and platforms for our customers. Currently we are actively supporting Windows XP through Windows 10, including "Server 2008," "Embedded," and "Compact" flavors in both 32-bit and 64-bit for all plug-and-play products including PCI, PCI Express, USB, and more. Many products continue to ship with support for additional operating systems such as DOS, Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and 2000.
Among the software we deliver with our products are sample programs in a wide variety of programming languages. These samples are used to demonstrate the software interfaces to our products — and many can be used as-is in your production environments, or to test functionality of the devices out-of-the-box. We're currently actively supporting sample programs in Visual C# and Delphi with many devices including samples in Visual Basic and Visual C/C++, as well as Borland C/C++ 3.1 for DOS. Additionally we provide National Instruments LabVIEW compatible DLLs and demonstration VIs for many of our devices.
Drivers for various operating systems are also provided, including active support for Windows XP -> 10 — all in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors, and including consumer, server, and embedded varieties — as well as the Linux kernels 2.6 and newer and recent macOS versions. Many products continue to ship with driver support for Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and Windows 2000, but support for these operating systems is considered deprecated.
Setup Programs and Utilites
Our Data Acquisition devices also include a graphical setup utility that walks you through the process of configuring any option jumpers or switches on the device, as well as explaining a little about the various connectors present.
Many devices also include utility programs - little tools to make your use of the device easier, such as WinRISC, a "Really Incredibly Simple Communications" terminal program that lets you get started instantly with serial devices.
"Register Level" Documentation
Besides all this software in all these languages and operating systems ACCES has a policy of open and transparent development: none of our lowest-level "register" interfaces are hidden from you — we document every register in every bus card, every command in every serial board, and every usb control transfer in every USB Data Acquisition board. These lowest-level interfaces allow you to develop for our products in ANY operating system or language, regardless of our actively supporting it or having a driver for it. We have customers actively developing in ADA, Android, Python, Java, MATLAB, Solaris, and more, just by referring to our complete low-level interface documentation! And we provide the full source code to all of our drivers, regardless of operating system, to give you an even bigger head start in your own development tasks.
No Fees or Royalties
All of this software is provided at no additional charge, and is licensed under any of a variety of flexible — and royalty free — options. Check out our software license explanation if you'd like more information.
non-plug-and-play driver install guide for Windows
Please refer to the Non-PnP Install Guide for instructions to get your PC/104 and ISA bus devices installed in modern Windows.
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- Inputs: 16 single-ended or 8 differential
- Resolution: 16-bit
- Bipolar Ranges: ±0.5V, ±1V, ±2V, ±2.5V, ±5V, ±10V (jumper/software selectable)
- Unipolar Ranges: 0-1V, 0-2V, 0-5V, 0-10V (jumper+software selectable)
- Sampling Rate: 500kHz “16A” version (maximum aggregate) 250kHz “16E” version (maximum aggregate)
- Type: Successive approximation
- Over Voltage Protection: -40 to +55V
- A/D FIFO: 1024 16-bit wide samples, optional 2K, 4K
- Calibration: Offset and gain values stored in EEPROM
- Board Calibration: Programmable digital potentiometers to calibrate gain/offset errors
- System Calibration: Program provided to calibrate entire system
- Trigger Source: Software selectable - external trigger, programmable timer, program command, A/D start, Single Scan Start
- Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Crosstalk: 60dB @ 400kHz
- Oversampling: 0-255 consecutive samples / channel (software selectable)
- Outputs: 2
- Resolution: 12 bit
- Ranges: 0-5V, 0-10V (jumper selectable per channel)
- Relative accuracy: ±2 LSB
- Differential non-linearity: ±0.2 LSB
- Conversion frequency: 100k conversions / second
- Output current: 5mA
- Calibration: Gain values stored in EEPROM
- Simultaneous update: Yes
- Number of I/O: 16, programmable as inputs or outputs in groups of 8 (pulled up, 8255 compatible Port A and Port B only)
- Input Voltage: Logic low: 0.0V min, 0.8V (max) Logic high: 2.0V min, 5.0V (max)
- Input Current: ±1uA max
- Output Voltage: Logic low: 0.0V min, 0.55V (max) Logic high: 2.0V min, 5.0V (max)
- Output Current: Logic low: 24mA sink (max) Logic high: 24mA source (max)
- Type: 82C54 programmable interval down counter
- Available Counters: Counter 0
- Input Frequency: 10MHz (max)
- A/D Pacer Clock: 16-bit
- Clock source: Internal 10MHz or externally supplied (software selectable; pulled-up)
- Clock Period: 100ns (min)
- Clock Pulse Width: high 30ns (min) / 40ns (min)
- I/O Volts and Current: Same as Digital I/O
- A/D Pacer clock: 16 or 32-bit
- Clock Frequency: 10MHz
- Power Required: Bus powered: +5VDC - 40mA (typical w/no external I/O connections) +12VDC - 24mA -12VDC - 23mA
- DC/DC option: +5VDC at 180mA (typical w/no external I/O connections)
- Operating Temp: 0 to 70°C, Optional -40 to 85°C
- Storage Temp: -40 to +105°C
- Humidity: 5% to 90% RH, without condensation
- Analog I/O: P1, 26-pin right-angle header pins
- Digital I/O and counter/timer: P2, 44-pin right-angle header pins
- External power inputs P3, 8-pin right angle header pins
|104-AIO16A||Advanced version, 16-Bit, 500kHz|
|104-AIO16E||Economy version, 16-Bit, 250kHz|
|104-STA-16W||PC/104 screw terminal board, includes two one inch ribbon cables|
|UTBK-50||Universal Screw Terminal Block with 50-pin right-angle mating connector|
|UTBK-26||Universal Screw Terminal Block with 26-pin right-angle mating connector|
|C104-26F-12||12-inch, 26-pin flat ribbon cable with female, keyed header connectors|
|C104-50F-12||12-inch, 50-pin flat ribbon cable with female, keyed header connectors|
|STB-26||Screw terminal board with 26 pin male header|
|STB-50||Screw terminal board with 50 pin male header|
|DIN-SNAP||Mounts two (2) STB boards on a DIN rail|
|MP104-DIN||Mount PC/104 stack or board to DIN rail|
|-DC||Onboard DC/DC converter enables operation from a single +5V power supply|
|-T||Extended temperature operation (-40°C to + 85°C)|
|Call||Programmable amplifier with gains of 1, 10, 100, and 1000|
|Call||FIFO up to 4K sample|