Isolated Digital Input/Output Card
- Universal PCI, PCI-X, 3.3V and 5V compatible (Call for PCI-Express availability)
- Sixteen optically-isolated, non-polarized digital inputs
- Opto-isolated channel to channel and channel to ground
- Sixteen fully protected FET outputs
- Can detect input state change and assert interrupt
- No switches or jumpers to set, all options software selectable
- Support for Wind River VxWorks (call for ordering information)
- Designed, made, supported, and manufactured in the USA
The PCI-IDIO-16 is a low-cost, 6.8" card that provides isolated input and output for PCI-bus computers. The card has sixteen optically-isolated digital inputs for AC or DC control signals and sixteen isolated FET outputs. For safety reasons in working with AC voltages, insulating shields are provided with each card.
The isolated inputs can be driven by either AC or DC signals and are not polarity sensitive. Input signals are rectified by a diode bridge and applied to a transistor circuit that provides constant current drive to the opto-isolator independent of the amplitude on the input. Input voltages of 2.5-50VDC or AC voltages of 2V- 36Vrms can be accepted. Inputs have a 0.2V hysteresis.
Each input circuit contains a software switchable slow/fast filter that has a 5 millisecond time constant. The filter must be selected for AC inputs in order to eliminate response to zero crossings. The filter is also valuable for use with slow DC input signals in a noisy environment. The filter may be switched out for DC inputs in order to obtain faster response. Filters are globally switched on or off in one group of 16 inputs.
Interrupts are enabled/disabled by software. When the change-of-state detection circuit is enabled, the card asserts an interrupt whenever any of the sixteen inputs change state. Once an interrupt has been generated and serviced, it must be cleared by system software. This feature greatly frees up system resources by eliminating the need for constant polling to see when an input has changed state.
The FET outputs are comprised of two groups of four completely isolated outputs and four outputs that share a common return. The outputs are all off at power-on. Data to the outputs is latched. Capable of 2A carry current at up to 34VDC. FETs are fully protected against short circuit, over-temperature, ESD damage, and have active clamping above 40VDC.
The I/O is accessed via a 78 pin DBF connector on the mounting bracket of the card. A
molded breakout cable (model CAB78-37/2) is optionally available that divides the 78 pins
into two DB37F connectors. Also available is a kit (model STB-37/2 Kit) which includes the
cable and two STB-37 Screw Terminal Cards that mount into an included one-foot length of
Drivers and Downloads
Information about our Free Software packages:
ACCES is proud to provide a full suite of software support with every Data Acquisition product. We are committed to supporting the most popular operating systems and platforms for our customers. Currently we are actively supporting Windows XP through Windows 10, including "Server 2008," "Embedded," and "Compact" flavors in both 32-bit and 64-bit for all plug-and-play products including PCI, PCI Express, USB, and more. Many products continue to ship with support for additional operating systems such as DOS, Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and 2000.
Among the software we deliver with our products are sample programs in a wide variety of programming languages. These samples are used to demonstrate the software interfaces to our products — and many can be used as-is in your production environments, or to test functionality of the devices out-of-the-box. We're currently actively supporting sample programs in Visual C# and Delphi with many devices including samples in Visual Basic and Visual C/C++, as well as Borland C/C++ 3.1 for DOS. Additionally we provide National Instruments LabVIEW compatible DLLs and demonstration VIs for many of our devices.
Drivers for various operating systems are also provided, including active support for Windows XP -> 10 — all in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors, and including consumer, server, and embedded varieties — as well as the Linux kernels 2.6 and newer and recent macOS versions. Many products continue to ship with driver support for Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and Windows 2000, but support for these operating systems is considered deprecated.
Setup Programs and Utilites
Our Data Acquisition devices also include a graphical setup utility that walks you through the process of configuring any option jumpers or switches on the device, as well as explaining a little about the various connectors present.
Many devices also include utility programs - little tools to make your use of the device easier, such as WinRISC, a "Really Incredibly Simple Communications" terminal program that lets you get started instantly with serial devices.
"Register Level" Documentation
Besides all this software in all these languages and operating systems ACCES has a policy of open and transparent development: none of our lowest-level "register" interfaces are hidden from you — we document every register in every bus card, every command in every serial board, and every usb control transfer in every USB Data Acquisition board. These lowest-level interfaces allow you to develop for our products in ANY operating system or language, regardless of our actively supporting it or having a driver for it. We have customers actively developing in ADA, Android, Python, Java, MATLAB, Solaris, and more, just by referring to our complete low-level interface documentation! And we provide the full source code to all of our drivers, regardless of operating system, to give you an even bigger head start in your own development tasks.
No Fees or Royalties
All of this software is provided at no additional charge, and is licensed under any of a variety of flexible — and royalty free — options. Check out our software license explanation if you'd like more information.
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- Number of inputs: 16.
- Type: Non-polarized, optically isolated from each other and from the computer.
- Input voltage range: 2.5 to 50V DC or 2-36VrmsAC (50 to 10000 Hz) with 0.2V hysteresis.
- Isolation: 500V*(see manual) channel to channel and channel to ground.
- Input Resistance: The opto-isolator diode current is constant at 4 mA typically regardless of input voltage.
- Interrupts: When enabled by software, interrupts are generated when any digital input changes state (High to Low or Low to High, and from signal to no signal or no signal to signal with AC inputs).
- Response Time: 5 mSec w/ filter.
Protected FET Outputs
- Number of outputs: Sixteen. In two groups of 8 channels each. In each group 4 channels are totally isolated and 4 channels have a common ground.
- Output Type: High Side Power MOS FET Switch. Protected against short circuit, over temperature, ESD, capable of driving inductive loads.
- Compliance Voltage: 5-34VDC (customer supplied).
- Current: 2A.
- Turn-on time: 90 usec (typical)
- Turn-off time: 110 usec (typical)
- Power Required: +5VDC at 0.250A.
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 70° C.
- Storage Temperature: -40° to +85° C.
- Humidity: 5 to 95%, non-condensing.
- Weight: Approx. 12 oz. (340 grams).
- Size: 6.8" long (173 mm).
- This product is in full compliance with CE requirements.